After finals I was able to really get working on the go cart. Today I finished 90% of the frame – its still missing a seat and steering wheel – but I decided to give it a test ride down our slightly sloped road.
Now I need to add the electronics (motors/batteries/fuses…)
Somehow during the design process I had neglected to pay close attention to the steering. If you watch carefully in the video you might see it – the steering is backward. When I turn left the cart goes right and vice versa. It does make it fun to ride, though.
Here are some photos of the frame:
(that is just a piece of scrap aluminum acting as the steering wheel)